• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sping
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Many thanks for all the constructive comments regarding moving in and security...Are any of you expecting to live there permanently or do you just regard them as holiday homes ?....I would hope top be out there for a few months of the year all being well.
    I expect various trades will be touting for business and I reckon it's a bit of a minefield just who to choose for extra grilles, sat TV, broadband connection etc.,...I will probably make a wrong choice and live to regret it, but I suppose that is to be expected and part of the learning curve you mentioned Sping....
    We are off tomorrow so I'm hoping the rain stops and we get some better weather for the next week.although I am not too optomistic.
    If we can get the keys and I can get a few jobs sorted out in the week we are there, then it will have been all worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Sping
    replied

Leave a comment:

• munroist3308
    replied
    Hi Sping
    Good to hear from people on Playa Golf 111 We are moving in middle of Nov. We were out there in Oct and people were starting to move in. Everyone we met were very friendly and the whole area is beginning to take shape. We have already been in touch with Barry Taffy & Freddy and what you have said about security is sound advice. The main concern for us is security I have heard most new builds are targets for break ins. We have bought an Azucena and have been recomended someone who will strengthen are downstairs grills and fit the upstairs ones. The other concern is the lack of street lighting we have been on to the builders but have had no reply. Were the street lights on down your road? we are facing the next phase to be built.

Leave a comment:

• Sping
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Barry. Just as I thought. last time I was there I purchased a few lamp holders and bulbs and as soon as I get the keys I will pop the temporary lamp holders on..at least we should have lights everywhere. I will take your advice about checking out all the sockets though !
    My daughter wants to furnish the house in her own style and hasn't ordered anything at all, so I'm afraid it will be a bit like camping until she decides just what she wants. The only thing she has ordered are the beds which are awaiting a delivery date...I only hope our moving in, goes as smoothly as yours..............We fly out Saturday so presumably we will pick up the keys the early part of the week..
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• barry allaway
    replied
    Freddy

Everything was switched on, best to get a small table light asap and go round and check all the switched etc. There will be no lights (or even roses) in the house so you wont see a thing if its dark. Get your light suppliers in as quickly as possible.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    Sping. Hopefully we will get possesion this week ( playa golf 3) . I know we will be on the builders electricity supply, ( we even have a pole in the front garden) but is it all switched on, or will we have to request that...You might guess we are novices at this so any information would help..

Leave a comment:

• barry allaway
    replied
    Sping

Sorry we missed you, my parents said someone had popped round and you had passed on e-maill addresses etc. When they will get back I will drop you an e-mail off forum.

Yes it was a manic few days.

B

Leave a comment:

• rayca
    replied
    Hi there
    you do not have to pay this so called black money, really speaking its against the law and the only ones who benifit are the sellers of the property. Just think of it, the Builder gets say 20,000 euros off each house he sells, lets say he sells 100 houses that makes him 2 million euros tax free, which really speaking is fraud on a big scale.. now think of this... on the hundreds of urbanizations that are being and have been built in this area alone.. the mind boggles

Best regards Robert

Leave a comment:

• Sping
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voyager2110
    replied
    You really should not put the details of your properties and intentions on a public forum.

Leave a comment:

• munroist3308
    replied
    Playa Golf 111

Hi Freddy,
    Black money is when you pay the builder part cash. It's a tax fiddle that saves you money when you pay your 7% IVA. It's a common practice in Spain. The problem is when you come to sell unless the person who you sell your property to pays you part cash you could have a bigger capital gains bill which is currently 35%. Our builder has now canceled the cash part of the payment (black money) on our property. See B A posting at the top of this theard.

We are completing on 21 Nov we are no 23 on R3 what number are you and good luck with your move.

My E-Mail is themunrobagger@aol.com

Leave a comment:

• voyager2110
    replied
    I bought my grills from AIB almost 4 years ago now. They were installed on time, with no mess and were a perfect fit. The paintwork now, is as clean and bright as when they were installed.

Neighbours and 'experts' of the various forums at the time, stated I should have bought cheaper ones.

Look around as you pass houses and you will see rusty grills with faded paint. My neighbours are now the proud owners of such grills.

Leave a comment:

• dot
    replied
    Playa Golf

For any of you getting grilles etc, do not use the Agents one, they charge you twice to three times theprice that others do, and they are not as good, the same for changing locks on doors, and putting locks on windows. A lot of people have posted on here before with names etc of people who do grilles, air conditioning, change locks etc. Also more furniture stores around than going with the package that Atlas have through Arca.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X