No announcement yet.

Support your life in Spain working in the UK as a live-in carer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Support your life in Spain working in the UK as a live-in carer

    Support your life in Spain working in the UK as a live-in carer

    Now taking applications for Winter and Spring

    Earn £400-£500 per week
    Free board and lodging
    An excellent free four day training course
    Flexible patterns of work that allow you to return home to Spain

    We are looking for responsible individuals. This is caring for elderly and disabled persons and you must be sympathetic to their needs.

    Would you consider working in the United Kingdom as a live-in carer in a flexible basis (2/3/4/...weeks on, 1/2/3/...weeks off) that allowed you to share your time between Spain and the UK?

    0044 1728 605060
    UK based specialist providers of 24 hour live-in home care
    Last edited by angelrubia; 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM.

  • #2
    let me guess, there's a massive initial financial outlay required?


    • #3
      Hi Harry, many thanks for your interest.

      There is not a massive initial financial outlay required. Obviously, you have to fund your own transport to come to the UK to undertake the training, as well as your accommodation and meals during those four days, but that should not be too dear (air fares from Alicante or Murcia to Stansted are pretty affordable). The company has a guest house and, if you wish, you can make use of it for as little as £15 a night (including breakfast and lunch); otherwise you could stay at a local B&B or at some friends' or relatives' should they leave near the Head Office (you are required to be at the Training Centre early in the morning). You are also required to obtain a Spanish Police Check, which costs £3.54, and a British one (which unfortunately is a bit more expensive, £42). The training per se is entirely free.

      There are many expats living in Costa Blanca that work with Christies Care and they find that the "commuting arrangements" are feasible.

      The only thing is that, being a market-led trade, there are usually more vacancies for women than for men (nobody would like to go through all the process if they could not get any clients). In both cases, it is required for the applicant to hold a driving licence valid in the UK.

      I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other queries please let us know.