X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Your idea of a great bar

Hola to all,
    What makes a great night out ? I am going to open a new bar soon , and are in negotiations with my architect as to the style and type of design required .I am looking to attract regulars from our urb as well as Spaniards and holiday makers alike. Would like to know your thoughts on all aspects including type of entertainment etc...... but absolutely draw the line at karaoke

hope you've researched this well mate - so many go t*ts up!

annoying things -
    "Irish" prices, karaoke, out of control kids, miserable staff, not calling "last orders"

good things -
    keep it cheapish, serve good reasonably priced food (talk of serving big portions spreads like wildfire!), give the kids something to do i.e playstation etc..., call "last orders"

Overall I would say try to make a bit off alot of people rather that alot of a few!

hopefully of some use!

Comentario

Hola, I have been visiting Torrevieja and surrounding areas for about six years now and what i cannot find is a nice bar wear you can take your wife/ girlfriend , wear you can dress up smart casual, not shorts t/shirt. Light music in the background so everyone can talk to each other not shout.
      gooders

Comentario

Forgot to mention no children, you have got to be different from everyone else as the previous reply said, remember its your money.

Comentario

It is about time bar owners realise that there are a lot of customers who enjoy a night out with a bit of class, why does everyone think we want quizzes, kareoke and darts, I agree, let's have somewhere where we can dress up, even holiday makers usually bring some smart clothes with them, I find it is the residents who can't be bothered to get out of their shorts

Comentario

Its good to hear that most comments seem to cement our own thoughts. Good simple cheap and quick food , freshly cooked and all home made. The emphasis being kept on the fact that we are predominantly a pub , not a restaurant. We also want a good pub atmosphre , not a bingo hall nightclub where pople struggle to have a conversation.
            You are right about a childrns area as well , keeping them contained in one part is a sensible idea because the unit is large enough to accomodate it. Thanks for all your input
            We have indeed done our homework and planned this since our urb was but a field.

Comentario

Comentario

You want decent beer that is reasonably priced and a food menu that is simple and serves wholesome food. Nice comfortable chairs that you can relax in and don't need to get up from as you will be employing waiters who will cater for all the customers needs. A large outside area will also be a must. No Karaoke No drunks and kids to be kept under control. A quiz night once a week will do no harm and you will need to invest in sky sports.

Comentario

I, agree Sky is a must , but I don't want it to dominate the place , so many pubs have it blaring out when ther'es nothing on.
                  Love the idea of the early evening pool tournament , adds an edge to the part between afternoon and evening , especially for holiday makers.
                  Table service for the comfy sofa area is also a good idea , we are thinking of putting two leather suites around a large coffee table for relaxed meetings of clubs etc.
                  Thank you for all these suggestions and keep them coming folks , got another 4 weeks to decide on style and layout.

Comentario

wheres this bar going to be? san pedro

i think the most classy bar in torrevieja area is vip lounge by the puchini group its at cabo roig next to the italian affair, take a look for some ideas.

Comentario

First thing DO NOT OPEN A FAKE IRISH PUB!!!! (and my wife is Irish)

A good replica of a normal British pub would be nice.

Select good beer (local and import) Source a wine that does not taste like demestos even if it is a bit dearer.

Employ staff that are friendly and make you feel welcome (Aussies are good at this I'm afraid to say).

Small giveaway bar snacks are nice (nuts, roast potatoes etc) even if it only on, say, Sunday.

And most important as the host go out and meet your customers! The reason people have a 'Local' back home is mostly down to knowing the landlord/lady and having a loyalty between you.

I wish you every sucess and post a note to say when you are open - I will visit for one.

Comentario

I wish you every success in your new venture,if possible can you let me know the address and i will pop in when i am next over.

Gooders

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por gill556
                          It is about time bar owners realise that there are a lot of customers who enjoy a night out with a bit of class, why does everyone think we want quizzes, kareoke and darts, I agree, let's have somewhere where we can dress up, even holiday makers usually bring some smart clothes with them, I find it is the residents who can't be bothered to get out of their shorts
                          Have to agree with gil556 and as for the decor, please do not go down the olde english pub route !! Something classy and smart .

Comentario

HI, sorry about the late reply , been away. We will indeed be in San Pedro Del Pinatar , near to Jack and son mini mart. The address is the av de meditteranea , right near to the roundabout that goes through the salt lakes to the port.
                            No idea at the moment of an opening date, have bought the unit but have to sell the house in England for the cash to fit it out. Will post an update as soon as we have any idea. Hope you will all join us for a pint or two upon opening

Comentario

Call me old fashioned but i long for a spanish tapas bar. I have seen
                              a few authentic ones with big hams hanging up. I would love to go in one but my basic spanish makes me to scared too!I dont want to go into a pub that makes me feel im in Britain i want to feel im on holiday in another country, but with the reassurance of a translation if needed.we did go to a great one in alicante 1 euro for a small cocktail stick 2 euros for a large cocktail stick, the chef kept bringing out new hot tapas he had made and offering them round, we kept the sticks and took them up to the bar at the end to pay.Tapas for the british might be worth thinking about, and i think there are a few of us that dont want steak and chips!! and a lager.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X