Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Best deal for Broadband

Hi everyone, I`m just after a bit of advice for my son, he is wanting to get broadband but doesn`t know really where to go for the best deals. I have phoned broadbandcb for the 9.99per month deal but they want 300euro refundable deposit and 99 euro for installation, I do know that installation can be quite expensive,so would like to hear your views on this deal and any others that you know of.
    Thanks in advance

Originalmente publicado por Mazzer Ver Mensaje
    Hi everyone, I`m just after a bit of advice for my son, he is wanting to get broadband but doesn`t know really where to go for the best deals. I have phoned broadbandcb for the 9.99per month deal but they want 300euro refundable deposit and 99 euro for installation, I do know that installation can be quite expensive,so would like to hear your views on this deal and any others that you know of.
    Thanks in advance
    It depends if you want cheap or realiable. We prefer Telefonica as they have been very reliable, the Phone Warehouse in Habaneras have details of all deals.

Comentario

You get what you pay for!

Therefore I use Telefonica. They have some really good deals on the Internet. Telef�nica or simply call 1004.

I tried using Europa, which some of my friends are quite happy with, for a while, but found that it was just alot of hassle, and that I didn't save any real money on it. I'm infact paying less now (pr minute rate) than they advertise, so they have obviously not research the different plans that you can "purchase" to get cheaper rates.

Also on my mobile, I found that you could purchase "plans" to have much cheaper phones, and that there where many different options you could configurate to have lower rates on Movistar.

Btw, the Spanish are not stupid. If these "special offers" where as good as they appear, the Spanish would have gone for them too.
      Editado por última vez por JOHN73; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2579-john73 en , 16:27:11.

Comentario

broadband

Are we talking with or without a 'phone line ?

Comentario

broadband

The broadband costa blanca uses a VIOP phone and we went with this system as we needed access quickly it was not the cheapest and is certainly no the best
          Whenit comes up to our annual review we will be changing so I am watching this thread closely to find the best deal

Comentario

sorry I forgot to say it is with a phone line

Comentario

broadband

There is much dispute about this and a lot depends on whether you can speak Spanish.
              Generally in my area the line is owned by Telefonica so anyone else you go through are middle men, BUT, someone like me who can't hold a conversation in Spanish over a telephone might be better off going through a 3rd. party ? When I have a problem I speak to them and they speak to Telefonica.

Although Telefonica has an English speaking phone line (1004) it is mostly for matters concerning your line and NOT adsl broadband, when they will refer you to another number where no one speaks English.

I am with Citrusred which costs me 29.50 a month for 1mb.

Some have had no trouble with Telefonica, others hate them with a passion, I am in the latter category.

Hope this helps.

Comentario

My last phone bill

18,15 Basic line cost/subscription
                43,90 Internet 3Mb (national calls and 60 minutes to Spanish mobiles included)
                5,00 Maintenance of ADSL (I got no idea what this is)
                15,46 International phone calls (25 calls total 1h and 3min - most done to mobiles or during business hours)
                4,75 Calls to Spanish mobiles (20 calls total 1h and 26min)
                13,19 IVA (VAT)
                101,23 Total bill

Considering what I get I think it is a fair price.
                Editado por última vez por JOHN73; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2579-john73 en , 10:50:36.

Comentario

Telefonica speaks English

You just have to ask for an English operator. What's a bit silly is that you need to state "English" clearly when they ask you what service you require on the 1004 number. Sometimes (but not always) you can press 1 to get English to.

The English operators are very friendly, and you can call them if you have technical problems that need to be sorted out, they call the technicians for you and explain while you are online.

All installers I've met, speak perfect English, but maybe I've just been lucky or polite.

Comentario

43.90 for 3mb. It depends if you need 3mb.
                    The average person will get along fine with 1mb and 29.50 sounds better to me.

Another problem both I and friends have found with Telefonica is that they have a habit of adding services which you have not asked for and then you have all the hassle of trying to get your money back. Close friend last month found he'd been signed up for a special ''calls to Europe and USA'' deal at 19 euros +iva. Needless to say he doesn't know anyone in the USA and didn't ask for this service. Will he get his money back, I'm not holding my breath.
                    Editado por última vez por sugar; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1961-sugar en , 11:11:10. Razón: spelling

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sugar Ver Mensaje
                      43.90 for 3mb. It depends if you need 3mb.
                      The average person will get along fine with 1mb and 29.50 sounds better to me.

Another problem both I and friends have found with Telefonica is that they have a habit of adding services which you have not asked for and then you have all the hassle of trying to get your money back. Close friend last month found he'd been signed up for a special ''calls to Europe and USA'' deal at 19 euros +iva. Needless to say he doesn't know anyone in the USA and didn't ask for this service. Will he get his money back, I'm not holding my breath.
                      Adding services you never asked for, is not only a Telefonica phenomena, however this is why I HATE direct debit. I prefer to go to the bank and pay the bill, and if I disagree with the amount, I pay what I think is right, and let them argue with me. This is actually what happened when I used another supplier than Telefonica, the other supplier kept invoicing ridiculous things.

Anyway, I hope your friend

1. get his money back or
                      2. gets a lot of new friends in the USA.

Comentario

adsl

John73,

I know it's not just telefonica and similar things happen in the UK, it's just frustrating not to be able to tell them what you think of their customer service, or lack of.

Comentario

Hells Teeth John
                          Maybe the 861 euros I paid isn't as exorbitant as I first thought for 1/2mb(more than enough for a silver surfer) and calls
                          it did include the full system and a wireless router at a total cost of 305 euros (let them try and take it back when I change)
                          then I paid up front for 12 months access at 556 euros
                          This includes all my phone calls and I have made many to Spanish Landlines Spanish Mobiles, al over the UK, 0870 etc, USA, USA mobiles.
                          So Shhush everyone don't say a word cos I was told I only got Uk landlines free

Comentario

I use vodafone mobile internet modem, tiny little thing, plug it in and away you go.... normally connects at 3.6mb, not fantastic for downloading but perfect for surfing the net etc. You pay one off for the modem then I have contracted it on tarifa plana meaning I pay 39€ a month for full access 24hrs, or you can do a pay as you go, which can be handy for people who don't use it often or holiday makers.

Also it's great as it's completely mobile, so you can actually go almost anywhere and use the net if you have a lap top.

Comentario

Hi Guys,
                              Just thought I'd get back to you with what my Son decided on, we phoned 1004 telefonica and spoke to a lovely girl who spoke perfect English. He is getting 6mg with wireless router for which there is a one off payment of 35 euro (I think) if you went for 1 or 3 mg the router is free, then free installation, then 40.90 per month plus iva and that includes unlimited calls to Spanish landlines and some free national calls. It does seem a bit pricey to me when you include line rental as well it will be about 70 euros a month but as he is paying the extra thats okay. Thanks for all your replies.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X