X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Laptop Wireless (no Connection)

Hello All,

Whilst on my Christmas holidays with my family in the UK I bought myself a new laptop (Acer,Vista Basic, wirless and all the software goodies)

My family were setup with broadband, BT, wirless etc, and I decided to tryout my new laptop and do some surfing, all that I had to do was select the option connect to network from my laptop, this pick-up the wireless router, then I typed in the security code on the BT router and BINGO I was surfing, so easy..

Now that I am back home in Spain, things are not quite so easy......

I had been setup with ADSL, wireless router with telefonica some months ago, knowing that I will be buying a wireless laptop in the future, at the momemt I am using a tower, anyway of course I am now going to setup my new laptop to connect to the internet MMMmmm
    First of all I removed from my laptop the connection I made with BT in the UK, then from my laptop selected the option to connect to the network, the network it picks up is SSID (WLAN242771) but the SSID under my telefonica router is (WLAN_DE)?? selected the option of the network found, and the next is for the security key to be typed in, typed this in, this was also on the bottom of the telefonica router a combination of letters & numbers (13 in total), and what I am getting is invalid security key!!!!

Is my laptop picking up for some reason the wrong network? and this is causing the security key to be invalid? or do I have to telephone telefonica for the security key?

Another thought is there any options I have to fill in on my laptop that I have missed for the network connection here in Spain, bearing in mind in the UK this was not necessary.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thank you in advance and a happy New Year to you all.

Thanks

Derek

hi ! when you type your security key did you check if the caps lock is off?? sometimes you have to type some small letter and sometimes some big .....

Comentario

under the router what exactly they write ? put everything here please .

Comentario

Hello Angel,

Yes I double checked when typing in the code that Caps was on for the alpha and off for numeric

What is under the router is:

Configuracion de fabrica para la red inalambrica
        identificador (SSID) WLAN_DE
        Seguridad WEP 128 bits
        Clave 1 (which is the security code containg 13 characters numbers/letters)

Thanks

Derek

Comentario

hummm ... if I was you I would call telefonica .In england I had the bad experience that the telecom change the wep key without to tell me or sometimes they give you first the router and few days later they are activated your account ........

Comentario

laptop security key

call me stupid if you like but the wep key if this is what you are refering to is created from within the router program there should be a section to add devices which generates a 128 bit wep key, that sort of thing would not be printed on the bottom of the router. I may well be reading this all wrong so i will apologise ahead of time if i am.

Comentario

it's not stupid . Some router I was using in england you had to type
              username: admin
              password : admin
              ex:192.168.2.1 in the web browser to access the router

after you had to type the information giving by the telecom
              nombre de usuario :adsllll@telefonicanetpa
              contrasena :ghghgh
              encapsulado:PPPoE

choice aswell : valor de ITV ;8
              valor de ICV: 32

after you have normally to choice a wep,wep2,wap key wap for me is the best because you choice your favorite password

everything it's just one exemple you have to read the manual of the router . what model is it ?

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X