Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• UK government pension

I have a UK government pension which I will continue to pay UK income tax. I emigrate to spain on 13th April. I will initially be renting but will be in my own house hopefully August this year. I have my bank account NIE and home legalities sorted but what should my first moves be once I arrive.

Many thanks

Dear Paul, Firstly our very sincere apologies for the tardy reply, which is not usual at all and due to me being away due to 2 major ops and this being missed. I hope that all has progressed well with your move to Spain and you found a house to rent that you are pleased with. It is clear that you have the NIE and first steps already as it sounds like you are a Spanish homeowner, so there is no dramatic urgency in paperwork matters. Just let yourself settle in and enjoy what little sunshine we have had in the last two weeks. It will get better! If you are going to spend more than 183 days in Spain then you will be a Resident and you should obtain a Residencia. We can help you with this. This is not a tax document saying that you are a Spanish tax or fiscal Resident, but is something you will require at times (such as for a medical card) and is quite important. Regarding the issue of becoming a fiscal Resident, you say you have a UK government pension. If this is the retirement pension you can opt to be taxed in Spain instead of the UK, if you intend to settle here permanently, or leave it as it is if uncertain if you may go back. Certain types of pension such as civil service have to be continued to be taxed in the UK.

If you become a fiscal or tax Resident, you can still opt to have your UK pension taxed in England and do a nil Return here. The advantages of this are really when you sell your house (better to be a tax Resident of Spain as there wont be a 3% retention of funds), if you die (with regard to Inheritance Tax for your heirs - after a certain amount of years of Returns this will be waived) and just small things like even if you are doing nil Returns here you will become entitled to the subsidised pension holidays (called Imserso). You have several months to make a decision so don´t worry, but you should start with the Residencia as you will need this to get a SIP (free medical card). We can help with these issues and I suggest that you pop into our office at the back of Consum at La Zenia and have a chat. If I am there, I will buy you a coffee and I promise we will always be a lot quicker than this response! With Kind Regards

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X