Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• abroadband

Have any members used the company my abroadband - abroadband.com , they supply sim cards, dongle and wifi access etc. I have read their web page and the dongle at 49.90 euros pay as you go seems a good deal for people who like me spend a few months of the year in Spain but not long enough to enter into a contract. I would be grateful for any feedback.
    Thanks.

The company name should read my abroadband - abroadband.com

Comentario

Never heard of them, there seems to be 100s of them now and pages of ads in the locals. Lots of free WiFi around that is probably a better deal.

Comentario

Thanks Rob, I used the free wifi last year but it was very inconvenient and as we stay for three months at a time I could do with being able to log on at any time. The Abroadband charges seem very reasonable and they claim to work across many servers which if true would be great. Any body out there used them?.

Comentario

OK you have got me intrigued - so I have looked at their web site, and the service looks good and should work in Spain - but I don't understand the charging - it says (after set up costs) .59€ per MB - but how do you know how much of a bill you could end up with? Does it mean literal downloads (ie say attachments to emails) or does that mean every time you press enter and get something displayed (what I don't consider a literal download onto my hard drive) We used to have an Orange service that was a fixed cost (I think 1€) each connection (so you leave it on all day) and download as much as you like.

And no (you cynics) this is not a setup thread to promote them - I had never heard of them or arrowman.

Comentario

Thanks Rob for taking the time to look at this service. I will be in Spain from the end of July so I have time to dig a bit more before I decide which service to use and if Abroadband is quite new maybe some users will come forward with their experience by then. Thanks again.

Comentario

I am new here. They are brand new - been around, officially since Feb 16th. I tried to order product since we'll be in Spain next week - but they only ship to 28 countries. (EU) They have service in 53. Someone apologized and said they are brand new and just getting started. I can't figure out if they are affiliated with an Austrian cell carrier.
              One person on the PrePaidGSM.net forum has just tried it and it seems to work fine. He is in Italy. This is a data only SIM. No voice calls. I would have used it to make voice calls over data - like Skype. Maybe dl Google Maps when we travel. We have Blackberrys on T-Mobile U.S. and we can make "free" calls when we connect to wifi. Also get unlimited email. Still, this would have given us more flexibility.
              At 59 Euro cents/min. (about 82 cents US)/mb I figured voice calls would cost 30 to 40 cents/min (US). figuring voice uses 300kb to 500kb/min. The Abroadband web site states you should get 4 min. of calling/mb - but that seems to be an exaggeration. This service is less than 1/20 the cost of data roaming charged by TM and att.
              ...mike
              Editado por última vez por miket; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/5717-miket en , 07:22:42.

Comentario

Thank you Mike for the input, I am getting more tempted by the day to try this out. Enjoy your time in Spain.
                Iain

Comentario

much cheaper alternative: prepaid-global

fear that this will again only a ripoff
                  Heise, connect, and bild have tariffs as the only meaningful alternative to the outrageously expensive data roaming
                  foreign prepaid sim card data from
                  http://www.prepaid-global.de recommended

Italy 3 Cent per MB
                  spain 8 Cent/MB

Comentario

Just brought abroadband USB & Sim card. Came really quickly, Ordered Monday arrived early am Thursday. However, it was not as simple as plug and play !!. Had to call abroadband to get started. Instuctions are a little vague. eg connect to network and log on. Had to go into properties and change settings as could not access the default network, there is nothing in packaging to tell you may have to do this. also in the registration I was told to select "didn't buy on ther internet", which I did, as this does not work !.

I will be trying this out in a couple of weeks when we return to Spain for a 3 week spell. Watch this space.

The thing that drew me to this product is that you only pay for what you use, and not have to pay monthly to keep the account open, just use it during the year, which I will do.

Comentario

Thank you both etftrader and Caborioger. I would be realy grateful for any updates after your stay in Spain Caborioger, you can't beat first hand experience. I am also drawn to the pay for what you use feature. Enjoy your Spanish break.

Iain

Comentario

I have just bought an orange.es dongle with pay as you go internet access from Carrefour at 29 euros. It had 5 euros on the sim. It has cracking coverage and is speedy. I am not sure of the daily costs but I spent around 6 euros in 10 days!

Comentario

Hi Bob,
                          Thanks for that, have you any idea how much you downloaded in the ten days?
                          Regards,
                          Iain.

Comentario

abroadband not working

Originalmente publicado por arrowman Ver Mensaje
                            Have any members used the company my abroadband - abroadband.com , they supply sim cards, dongle and wifi access etc. I have read their web page and the dongle at 49.90 euros pay as you go seems a good deal for people who like me spend a few months of the year in Spain but not long enough to enter into a contract. I would be grateful for any feedback.
                            Thanks.
                            I bought one, but I can't use it because the registration process fails to complete. I emailed abroadband.com about this and have not had a reply in over a week. I phoned them in Austria 3 days ago, spoke to a pleasant help line man who told me to clear my internet cache. I did this but it didn't fix the problem. He said he had no further suggestions and would pass my problem on to someone else. That was 3 days ago and I have heard nothing more from them since. Disappointing to say the least.

Comentario

Sorry to hear about your problems Robert, perhaps you can let us know how you get on with the company.

Iain

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X