The de-escalation of the state of alarm in Spain will be done in phases, not by specific dates.
It consists of 4 stages that will last 2 weeks each, if everything evolves favourably (It can be prolonged according to the province depending on the markets and the health situation).
The plan is to end at the end of June.
NOTE: It is a FORECAST, it’s not exhaustive.
This is a summary of the measures taken by the goverment for each phase.
Phase 0, from May 4th:
- Permission for both, children and adults, to go for a walk and sport (individually & outdoor)
- Attention of ecological vegetable gardens of self-consumption.
- Opening of companies, by individual appointment with clients (such as restaurants with take away food)
- Individual training of professional athletes
- Preparation of all public companies with protective measures
Phase 1, from May 11th:
- Opening of small shops (not shopping centers)
- Opening of terraces at 50% occupancy.
- Opening of hotels and tourist accommodation with certain restrictions (common areas will not be open)
- These openings will include a preferential schedule for those over 65 years of age.
- Opening of religious sites at 1/3 of its capacity.
- Opening of high performance sports centres.
Phase 2, starting May 25th:
- Opening of indoor rooms of restaurants at 30 % of its capacity.
- Opening of cinemas / theatres at 1/2 of its capacity.
- Cultural events and shows at 1/3 of its capacity. If it is outdoor, maximum 400 people seated.
- Religious sites at 50 % of its capacity.
- Exceptional opening of schools for reinforcement, entrance examination and children under 6 years (Schools will close until September).
Phase 3, starting June 8th:
- Flexibility to circulate between provinces (as long as both are in the same phase).
- Shopping centres at 50 % of their capacity and with a distance of 2 m.
- In restaurants the capacity will be made more flexible although the separation between the public will be maintained.
It’s important to remember that we continue in the lockdown, we will pass from one phase to another if we envolve favorably, and that, in each phase, the necessary restrictions can be established. In the same way, we must continue with the recommended security measures (distance, hygiene and use of masks).